One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
nounmass nounNorth American
A type of hard dried and smoked sausage which is similar to salami in preparation and can be made in winter to keep until summer.‘steak stuffed with summer sausage and raisins’count noun ‘we offer a range of salamis and summer sausages in the delicatessen’
- ‘A pound and a half of walleye does not make a meal for five adults and two youngsters, so we had our usual lunch of beef jerky and dried fruit, fresh apple, cheese, summer sausage, crackers, and so on.’
- ‘Order 10 summer sausages and receive a free box of Powerplay!’
- ‘We stood in the rain, cowering beneath our ponchos, eating summer sausage straight out of the packaging.’
- ‘Her company has introduced other types such as peppercorn garlic and bison summer sausage, while another line offers gouda cheese spread in 11 different flavors.’
- ‘The garrulous storeowner sometimes cut up summer sausage and cheese and joined us on the porch where we tilted back frosty green soda bottles and solved the problems of the world.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.