One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Fertile land with reliable rainfall in summer.‘mustering out on to the summer country’
- ‘We used to shift the sheep from the summer country to this other.’
- ‘It was 'excellent summer country', there was no lime deficiency; nor did he feel the property was overstocked.’
- ‘This is also the direct route to the summer country.’
- ‘During the great drought of 1902 thousands of travelling stock, in search of grass and summer country were permitted to camp near this water for a day or two.’
- ‘There are immense quantities of cattle coming through here, and immense quantities of sheep travelling to summer country.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.