One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Fertile land with reliable rainfall in summer.‘mustering out on to the summer country’
- ‘There are immense quantities of cattle coming through here, and immense quantities of sheep travelling to summer country.’
- ‘It was 'excellent summer country', there was no lime deficiency; nor did he feel the property was overstocked.’
- ‘This is also the direct route to the summer country.’
- ‘During the great drought of 1902 thousands of travelling stock, in search of grass and summer country were permitted to camp near this water for a day or two.’
- ‘We used to shift the sheep from the summer country to this other.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.