One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An offence within the scope of a summary court.
- ‘Thus, if the jury acquit the accused of the more serious indictable offence, they may still convict of the summary offence.’
- ‘Those offences considered least serious are summary offences, triable only in the magistrates' courts.’
- ‘Continued concern about the availability of child pornography led to the creation in 1988 of an additional summary offence of possession of an indecent photograph.’
- ‘The subsection then goes on to make the contravention of its provisions a summary offence.’
- ‘The court deals with summary offences and some minor indictable offences such as shop lifting, property damage and even assault causing bodily harm.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.