Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
An offence within the scope of a summary court.
- ‘Continued concern about the availability of child pornography led to the creation in 1988 of an additional summary offence of possession of an indecent photograph.’
- ‘The subsection then goes on to make the contravention of its provisions a summary offence.’
- ‘Those offences considered least serious are summary offences, triable only in the magistrates' courts.’
- ‘The court deals with summary offences and some minor indictable offences such as shop lifting, property damage and even assault causing bodily harm.’
- ‘Thus, if the jury acquit the accused of the more serious indictable offence, they may still convict of the summary offence.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.