One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Those houses, in all their summariness and primitive crudity, yet reminded one of the Cambridge homes; they exhibited some remains of the pre-Revolution style.’
- ‘Perhaps it is this very wide coverage that imparts to the book a certain summariness and a certain diffuseness.’
- ‘According to the practice of the day, especially at the hands of Flemish sculptors of memorial figures, the bust was coloured; this is sufficient to account for the technical summariness of the modelling and of the forms.’
- ‘The very summariness of the trial tells us that justice in Russia is arbitrary.’
- ‘But the requirement of simplicity and summariness means that elaborate pleadings should in general be avoided.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.