One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘But the requirement of simplicity and summariness means that elaborate pleadings should in general be avoided.’
- ‘The very summariness of the trial tells us that justice in Russia is arbitrary.’
- ‘Those houses, in all their summariness and primitive crudity, yet reminded one of the Cambridge homes; they exhibited some remains of the pre-Revolution style.’
- ‘According to the practice of the day, especially at the hands of Flemish sculptors of memorial figures, the bust was coloured; this is sufficient to account for the technical summariness of the modelling and of the forms.’
- ‘Perhaps it is this very wide coverage that imparts to the book a certain summariness and a certain diffuseness.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.