One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Argentine composer Astor Piazzolla, who died in 1992, created the ‘nuevo tango’, a music that mixes the sultriness of tango forms with the sophistication of classical techniques.’
- ‘Neither the heat nor the sultriness dampened the spirits of the rallyists.’
- ‘As a principal with Ballet Arizona, she arches her sinuous back and undulates her arms with poetic delicacy in Bournonville's La Sylphide, and struts with sexy sultriness in Balanchine's Slaughter on Tenth Avenue.’
- ‘There's an impossible, unreasonable glamour to the stars of the past; the hauteur of Dietrich, the sultriness of Bacall, the mystique of Garbo.’
- ‘Old Chloe was trying to be a sex kitten or something, but as The Hack observed she had ‘all the sultriness of a lukewarm washcloth.’’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.