Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Impregnated or treated with sulphur.‘the cider is put into sulphurated barrels’
- ‘Channeling, caused by sintering during sulfidation, made the flow path of the reactant change and thus pure ZnO sorbent and the sorbent containing 3 wt% Fe2O did not sulfurate completely.’
- ‘Since the fatty acids decay vulcanizing efficiency by reacting with a sulfurating agent leading to a decrease in zinc complex, this enhancement may attribute to the conversion of the fatty acids into zinc soap through the reaction with ZnO.’
- ‘BioSan Vita Flax has been fortified with sulphurated protein, making it an all-in-one formula!’
- ‘The production of sulphurated hydrogen and indole, together with the possible mobility of the aerobic micro-organisms in question, were inferred using the SIM medium.’
- ‘She theorized that supplying the essential fatty acids in combination with sulphurated proteins could restore health.’
- ‘Glycovit is a dietary supplement containing vitamins, minerals and sulphurated amino acids.’
- ‘It was the sulphurated hydrogen that made this accident so fatal.’
- ‘A well burst suddenly, releasing a high concentration of sulfurated hydrogen into the air.’
- ‘Liver of sulphur is sulphurated potash mostly consists of potassium polysulphides.’
- ‘Only two of the confirmed fatalities were workers employed at the Chuandongbei gas field where a blow out had released a 30-metre geyser of concentrated sulfurated hydrogen.’
- ‘It is an amino-acid that can be synthetized from sulphurated amino-acids: methionine and cysteine.’
- ‘In numerous places thick clouds of vapor burst from the ground, with a strong smell of sulphurated water.’
- ‘These sources discovered by the Visigoths, of a sulphurated, sodic and chlorinated composition, are particularly recommended for the treatment of the rheumatologic and respiratory disorders.’
- ‘Burning buildings can produce carbon monoxide, nitrous oxides, polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons and volatile organic and sulphurated compounds.’
- ‘Sulphur is found primarily in sulphurated amino acids, and thus mostly in protein.’
- ‘It produces copper concentrates by means of floating sulphurated mineral, and copper cathodes using a lixiviation process of oxidised mineral.’
- ‘A well burst suddenly and released a high concentration of natural gas and sulfurated hydrogen.’
- ‘The presence of sulfurated compounds in crude oil and heavy fractions is also undesirable.’
- ‘Chinese President Hu Jintao has ordered the local authorities to do everything possible to speed up the search and rescue operation and prevent poisonous sulphurated hydrogen gas from spreading.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.