One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An organic acid containing the group —SO₂OH.
- ‘A rat study investigated the effect of various agents (prednisolone, 5 - ASA, L-glutamine, or SCFAs) applied by enema twice daily for seven days after induction of colitis with trinitrobenzene sulfonic acid in ethanol.’
- ‘In the specific examples where paroxetine mesylate is made by the reaction between free base and sulfonic acid and crystallised out without seeding, Synthon use ethanol as the solvent whereas SB use toluene as well as other solvents.’
- ‘They would presumably have familiarity with the published work prior to the 152 Patent and realise that no solvents other than sulphonic acids seem to work.’
- ‘About 5 g poly + RNA from each sample was loaded on a 1% formaldehyde agarose gel and run in 1x 3 - (N-morpholino) propane sulfonic acid plus 4% formaldehyde running buffer.’
- ‘Taurine (2-aminoethanesulfonic acid) is different from other amino acids in that it contains a sulfonic acid group in place of the carboxylic acid group, and it is not incorporated into proteins.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.