One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A sulphonamide antibiotic used to treat some forms of dermatitis.
- ‘Because the patient reacted to balsalazide but not sulphasalazine the hypersensitivity reaction may have been to the whole drug rather than the sulphapyridine moiety alone.’
- ‘Patients will experience prompt relief of lesions within one to two days of initializing treatment with dapsone or sulfapyridine.’
- ‘Skin lesions in linear IgA dermatosis and chronic bullous disease of childhood respond rapidly when treated with dapsone or sulfapyridine.’
- ‘Sulfapyridine is a competitive inhibitor of bacterial para-aminobenzoic acid (PABA), a substrate of the enzyme dihydropteroate synthetase.’
- ‘Sulfasalazine consists of a 5 - ASA molecule bound to sulfapyridine.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.