One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A sulphonamide antibiotic used to treat some forms of dermatitis.
- ‘Because the patient reacted to balsalazide but not sulphasalazine the hypersensitivity reaction may have been to the whole drug rather than the sulphapyridine moiety alone.’
- ‘Sulfasalazine consists of a 5 - ASA molecule bound to sulfapyridine.’
- ‘Patients will experience prompt relief of lesions within one to two days of initializing treatment with dapsone or sulfapyridine.’
- ‘Sulfapyridine is a competitive inhibitor of bacterial para-aminobenzoic acid (PABA), a substrate of the enzyme dihydropteroate synthetase.’
- ‘Skin lesions in linear IgA dermatosis and chronic bullous disease of childhood respond rapidly when treated with dapsone or sulfapyridine.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.