One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A sulphonamide antibiotic used to treat meningococcal meningitis.
- ‘Pyrimethamine and sulfadiazine generally are used to treat infants with congenital toxoplasmosis.’
- ‘A case report suggests carnitine deficiency was induced in a patient receiving sulfadiazine and pyrimethamine.’
- ‘Several other drugs have been evaluated, including tetracycline, primaquine, sulfadiazine and pyrimethamine (Fansidar).’
- ‘I treated her with sulfadiazine and she got slowly better.’
- ‘The condition responds well if treatment is started early, and a combination of sulphadiazine and pyrimethamine is the treatment of choice.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.