One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The quality of being right or appropriate for a particular person, purpose, or situation.‘the suitability of residential accommodation varied widely’‘her superiors had doubts about her suitability for the job’
- ‘Reducing the suitability of habitat for voles lessens the likelihood of future damage.’
- ‘He at first doubted his student's suitability for the instrument, suggesting instead that he take up the trombone.’
- ‘The director seems at pains to reflect upon the suitability of his story for younger viewers.’
- ‘Psychologists evaluate all candidates for CIA employment to determine their suitability for a position of trust.’
- ‘We're revisiting the venue to qualm any fears about its suitability.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.