One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An act of running for home by a runner on third base as the ball is pitched.
- ‘How many times has the club had a runner on third or the bases loaded with either zero outs or one out and come away with nothing when a suicide squeeze would have won the game?’
- ‘A suicide squeeze is always exciting, but Lewis' effort July 18 was more exciting than most.’
- ‘Well, let's just say that it very well may be your year when you order a suicide squeeze 16 times and are successful on 13 of them.’
- ‘Manager Lou Piniella doesn't particularly like to sacrifice and in the first 24 games used it five times - one of those on a suicide squeeze.’
- ‘Halter also is strong on fundamentals and alert in pressure situations; he laid down a suicide squeeze to give the club a victory last month.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.