One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An act of running for home by a runner on third base as the ball is pitched.
- ‘Halter also is strong on fundamentals and alert in pressure situations; he laid down a suicide squeeze to give the club a victory last month.’
- ‘Manager Lou Piniella doesn't particularly like to sacrifice and in the first 24 games used it five times - one of those on a suicide squeeze.’
- ‘How many times has the club had a runner on third or the bases loaded with either zero outs or one out and come away with nothing when a suicide squeeze would have won the game?’
- ‘Well, let's just say that it very well may be your year when you order a suicide squeeze 16 times and are successful on 13 of them.’
- ‘A suicide squeeze is always exciting, but Lewis' effort July 18 was more exciting than most.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.