One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A belt fitted with explosives that are connected to a detonator, as worn by a suicide bomber.‘he blew himself up with a suicide belt’
- ‘She detonated a suicide belt during the seven-hour police assault on the building.’
- ‘A small unit of militants, armed with Kalashnikov rifles and suicide belts, hit the prison just before sunrise.’
- ‘Six attackers died after detonating suicide belts and one was killed by police gunfire.’
- ‘Investigators say a suicide belt has been recovered.’
- ‘One of the attackers tried to enter the stadium but was rebuffed by security who discovered the suicide belt he was wearing.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.