One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A belt fitted with explosives that are connected to a detonator, as worn by a suicide bomber.‘he blew himself up with a suicide belt’
- ‘One of the attackers tried to enter the stadium but was rebuffed by security who discovered the suicide belt he was wearing.’
- ‘A small unit of militants, armed with Kalashnikov rifles and suicide belts, hit the prison just before sunrise.’
- ‘Investigators say a suicide belt has been recovered.’
- ‘She detonated a suicide belt during the seven-hour police assault on the building.’
- ‘Six attackers died after detonating suicide belts and one was killed by police gunfire.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.