One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Of age; independent.‘the beneficiaries are all sui juris’
- ‘If the plaintiff is sui juris, there appears to be no reason for a prepartition severance proceeding.’
- ‘The trustee gives written notice of the trustee's intention to convert the trust into a unitrust and of how the unitrust will operate, including what initial decisions the trustee will make under this section, to all the sui juris beneficiaries who are currently eligible to receive income from the trust.’
- ‘Taxpayer is and at all times was a natural person, sui juris, and a citizen and a resident of North Carolina.’
- ‘In any event, a prospective representative may not represent any sui juris person who objects to the representation, and, in a judicial proceeding, a court may appoint a guardian or trustee ad litem if the court determines that the representation is or might be inadequate.’
- ‘Should the applicant for naturalisation as a Thai, under paragraph one, have children who are not sui juris in accordance with Thai law, and who have a domicile in Thailand, he may concurrently apply for such naturalisation for his children.’
Latin, literally ‘of one's own right’.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.