One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The cheapness of sugar creates an incentive for food manufacturers and retailers to sell consumers more of it in more formats, and drives sugarless foods out of the market.’
- ‘If you need a quick fix, chew sugarless gum after meals.’
- ‘Small glass mugs of steaming hot, sugarless coffee with a strong and pleasant aroma, turned out to be just as popular among the golfers, as the tall glasses brimming over with frothy ice cold, sweetened coffee.’
- ‘And yet if you go into a U.S. supermarket, you see aisle after aisle of fat-free foods, of sugarless foods, of foods devoted to people who are trying to lose weight.’
- ‘If you say you have been advised to avoid sugar, the boy is sent out again for sugarless tea, and he brings it within minutes.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.