One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Floral and herbal notes lingered on the finish, reminiscent of a fine Japanese green tea, alongside a sugariness closer to refined sugar or syrup rather than the usual caramel/toffee flavour.’
- ‘However, in order to enjoy this film, you have to be willing to accept a certain amount of sugariness, melodrama, and predictability.’
- ‘There's a moistness to the cake and a welcome salty edge to the marzipan that cuts through the sugariness.’
- ‘The movie goes its mostly quiet, low-key, sentimental way without sugariness.’
- ‘The sugariness of the potato mingled quite comfortably with the fresh shrimp, and overall this was a memorable dish that worked the sweet/salty crossover with style.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.