Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
[mass noun] The art of creating confectionery or cake decorations from sugar paste.
- ‘Her culinary and sugarcraft skills were unsurpassed and she was an enthusiastic traveller.’
- ‘We have also started holding classes here teaching sugarcraft which have been really popular.’
- ‘Dobbie is taking the ladylike art of sugarcraft to new levels.’
- ‘He asked me to re-ice some Christmas cakes, as he knew that I taught sugarcraft classes.’
- ‘I broke a bone in my hand which for me is a disaster as I am, or was, a sugarcraft artist and my work depends upon my dexterity for the intricate work involved.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.