One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A French bean of a reddish mottled variety widely eaten in South Africa.
- ‘Mealie meal, sugar beans and cooking oil were provided to the most needy.’
- ‘Seedco Zambia produces various seeds ranging from maize, soya beans, sugar beans, wheat, sorghum and groundnuts which are also exported to some countries within the Southern African region.’
- ‘Kernels of dried African corn and dried sugar beans are boiled slowly in salted water.’
- ‘Farmers state that demand for the fresh seeds is high and they can make a good profit, while wholesalers and supermarkets say dried bambara groundnut is a slow seller, and many more sugar beans are sold.’
- ‘At Christmas, people eat sweet bread in the form of the child Jesus; at Easter, children are told that eggs are dropped in the gardens by flying church bells; and sugar beans are distributed to those who visit a young mother.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.