One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The vorticists, who shared with the suffragettes not only a passion for promotion but also a national identity, did not want the differences between vorticism and suffragism elided.’
- ‘Through journals like these, the vorticists cultivated a small public instead of the mass public that commercial advertising, futurism, suffragism, and the Fabians sought to marshal.’
- ‘If women were to be citizens, then women's education would have to become central to suffragism.’
- ‘Heavy immigration, urbanization, an expanding female labor force, and rising numbers of college-educated women altered both the composition and the tactics of suffragism.’
- ‘Indeed, Pankhurst now became as bellicose in her extreme patriotism as she had previously been in her suffragism.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.