One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Evita, incidentally, was supposed to be three hours long, but the vivacity of musical director Penny Dodd saw it kept to a much more sufferable, even enjoyable, two hours and 20 minutes.’
- ‘Le Tigre was a subtle affair: Its sense of humor, its hummable hooks, and its light genre-hopping never compromised the band's heavy politics - it just made them more sufferable.’
- ‘Lence has convincingly argued that ‘the injuries, the usurpations, all these were sufferable until the pernicious acts of George III threatened the very foundations of self-government.’’
- ‘Lisa Marie Presley's ‘Now What’ is a trite but surprisingly sufferable FM rock, pop and balladry from the beneficiary of the sneer.’
- ‘This year however has been pure torture, the hidings from Cats and Dogs being sufferable because in each case Freo was buried half way through the second quarter.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.