One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Scrub with the hot, sudsy solution and a stiff brush.’
- ‘Residents who live along the banks of Deep Cove's Parkside Creek woke up to a sudsy shock last Friday morning - billowing soap bubbles that foamed over a foot high in the creek.’
- ‘When freed of the sudsy water, rinsed, and toweled off, she launched into a joyful frenzy of rolling in the grass, her newly bleached fur glistening in the sunlight.’
- ‘Its sudsy consistency makes the spray stick to the leaves longer, and also helps to break up colonies of sooty mould on citrus and gardenia leaves.’
- ‘As the water tumbles over the huge boulders forming a great cloak of foam, the dorsal fins of the salmon along their blue/black backs pierce the sudsy water like an emerging submarine.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.