One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Residents who live along the banks of Deep Cove's Parkside Creek woke up to a sudsy shock last Friday morning - billowing soap bubbles that foamed over a foot high in the creek.’
- ‘Its sudsy consistency makes the spray stick to the leaves longer, and also helps to break up colonies of sooty mould on citrus and gardenia leaves.’
- ‘Scrub with the hot, sudsy solution and a stiff brush.’
- ‘As the water tumbles over the huge boulders forming a great cloak of foam, the dorsal fins of the salmon along their blue/black backs pierce the sudsy water like an emerging submarine.’
- ‘When freed of the sudsy water, rinsed, and toweled off, she launched into a joyful frenzy of rolling in the grass, her newly bleached fur glistening in the sunlight.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.