One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- another term for invertase
- ‘Enhanced digestion of sucrose was demonstrated when Saccharomyces cerevisiae, a yeast containing the enzyme sucrase, was administered therapeutically.’
- ‘In addition to its activity against the rat enzyme, baicalein also inhibited human intestinal sucrase expressed in Caco - 2 cells.’
- ‘All birds in the sturnid-muscicapid lineage that have been examined lack expression of the intestinal enzyme sucrase, which breaks down sucrose into its constituent monosaccharides, glucose and fructose.’
- ‘Examples of the latter could include such diverse disorders as sucrase / isomaltase deficiency, Alagille syndrome (paucity of intrahepatic bile ducts), and some forms of Hirschprung's disease.’
- ‘The latter are converted to monosaccharides by intestinal saccharidases, including maltases that hydrolyze di- and trisaccharides, and the more specific disaccharidases, sucrase, lactase, and trehalase.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.