One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A salt or ester of succinic acid.
- ‘The plants were grown in vitro on MS medium supplemented with ammonium succinate in the case of the Nia 30 mutants.’
- ‘The four-carbon succinate undergoes a series of rearrangements to regenerate oxaloacetate.’
- ‘Under phosphorus-deficient conditions, plants generally exude a greater quantity of organic acids such as citrate, malate, and succinate from roots to the rhizosphere.’
- ‘A similar trend was observed for succinate, and for malate plus glutamate oxidation, by digitonin-permeabilized fibroblasts (not shown).’
- ‘Each genetic pathway metabolizes glucose and produces succinate via dissimilar chemical reactions.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.