One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘It cannot, for example, accommodate republicans, or socialists, or supra-nationalist subverters of British sovereignty.’
- ‘To the mass of mankind, therefore, the philosopher may appear as a spiritual saboteur, a subverter of things lawfully established, and an apologist for the devil.’
- ‘He won't win lots of popularity contests, but he's no subverter of the system's integrity.’
- ‘More importantly, and with wider relevance, the war was intended as a substantial demonstration of the continuing validity of the regulative order as against any would-be subverter of it.’
- ‘The channel is to news what reality TV is to reality: its calculated subverter, its smirking betrayer.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.