One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘These voting procedures could subversively affect the outcome of the race in Minnesota.’
- ‘Others, as conductors on the Underground Railroad, were more directly and subversively involved in securing freedom for slaves.’
- ‘So now we knew how to be professional but we also remembered how to be subversive, subversively female, subversively feminine.’
- ‘About twenty years ago a scholar rather subversively wondered aloud at an academic conference, ‘Why is Contemporary Scholarship so Enamored of Ancient Heretics?’’
- ‘The male actors, rather subversively though, even changed their genders, as if to destabilise the rigid distinction ingrained in the reconstruction of male and female bodies.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.