One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘To talk of subtilization thus is to highlight its secondary meaning in its original French, i.e. signifying theft or a spiriting away.’
- ‘This is the subtilization of that which is gross.’
- ‘Not to mention his subtilisation and sublimation of his or her ordinary sense of identity.’
- ‘Realism itself, therefore, best is seen as an extension and subtilization of this Romantic supertext.’
- ‘The local removal of the metallization of the fiber is based on the fact that the ignition of the arc is accompanied by flame-like ignition and subtilization of the metal layer on the fiber.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.