A self-contained system within a larger system.
- ‘The time it takes to complete this task depends on the location of the data in the memory subsystem or cache hierarchy.’
- ‘Units have to be seen as independently acting subsystems within a larger system.’
- ‘Delay may be introduced in the buffering between the telephony subsystem and the compression subsystem.’
- ‘Both fields are entering a stage of development where new discoveries will be made by learning how systems and subsystems behave.’
- ‘The behaviour of the Virtual Memory Manager affects all other kernel subsystems, and has a dramatic impact on overall system performance.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.