Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A self-contained system within a larger system.
- ‘The behaviour of the Virtual Memory Manager affects all other kernel subsystems, and has a dramatic impact on overall system performance.’
- ‘Units have to be seen as independently acting subsystems within a larger system.’
- ‘The time it takes to complete this task depends on the location of the data in the memory subsystem or cache hierarchy.’
- ‘Delay may be introduced in the buffering between the telephony subsystem and the compression subsystem.’
- ‘Both fields are entering a stage of development where new discoveries will be made by learning how systems and subsystems behave.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.