One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The stratum or strata below the earth's surface.as modifier ‘the subsurface layer’
- ‘It seeps through the earth to a subsurface water table, which flows horizontally to a stream bank.’
- ‘Also, in some areas (rift valleys) they receive hydrothermal magmatic waters from the subsurface.’
- ‘Strong, continuous stratal reflections characterize the shallow subsurface on the upper and middle shelf.’
- ‘It has been estimated that half the biomass of life on the Earth resides in the subsurface doing things other than photosynthesis.’
- ‘Ground penetrating radar provides an image of the subsurface showing the internal structure of dunes.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.