One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The greater productivity and lack of perfect substitutability for the traditional teaching material gives these materials the potential to substantially enhance learning.’
- ‘The tomb effigy, the memorial portrait, and the death mask approach a condition of perfect substitutability for the irrevocably absent object, the once-living body.’
- ‘But the logic applies rigidly only in perfect markets, with perfect information, flexibility, liquidity, and substitutability.’
- ‘The lower the degree of substitutability, the greater the risk of harm caused by committed-use contracts.’
- ‘Sappho moves towards the abstract by employing the substitutability of things, people, shops.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.