One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
noun & adjectivePhilosophy
- ‘The relational point of view on social action and historical change can most usefully be characterized by comparing it with its opposite, the substantialist perspective.’
- ‘The roots of the substantialist way of seeing the world are Hellenistic and patriarchal.’
- ‘One is led almost automatically by the substantialist language to attribute identity, agency, interests, and will to groups.’
- ‘In our language, and in our common sense understanding of language, the substantialist meaning of ‘being’ is the literal and genuine meaning, and any other is metaphorical and lesser.’
- ‘Process thinkers do not accept the prevalent substantialist and deterministic understanding of the self.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.