One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A kind of plough with no mouldboard, used to loosen the soil at some depth below the surface without turning it over.
- ‘Deep tillage can be performed with a subsoiler or other implement depending upon the depth of compaction.’
- ‘Winged subsoilers are used to break up compact subsurface horizons to improve drainage and to increase effective rooting depth.’
- ‘He decreases the angle if the subsoiler bounces in and out of the ground before finally entering.’
- ‘With earthworms working for you, you don't need a subsoiler.’
- ‘If the soil is too wet, the subsoiler will not lift and crack the soil but will instead tend to create more compaction.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.