One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An oxide containing the lowest or an unusually small proportion of oxygen.
- ‘Grains of boron suboxide loom like boulders in this scanning electron microscope view.’
- ‘An O2 plasma anneal converted the suboxides to titanium oxide and improved electrical performance.’
- ‘Experimental parameters for the highest yield of carbon suboxide depend on the precise molecular structure of the model compound or on the individual soil sample, respectively.’
- ‘Only diamonds and cubic boron nitride are harder than boron suboxide, which appears to have promising potential.’
- ‘Titanium suboxides form a class of ceramic materials possessing such technically interesting properties as electrical conductivity and solid lubrication.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.