One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Law which is enacted under delegated powers, such as statutory instruments.
- ‘In India, at least till the market attains maturity, it is essential for compulsory/obligatory cessions to remain in the statute book (or alternatively in subordinate legislation like insurance regulations).’
- ‘In choosing between these submissions we must first remind ourselves of the relevant provisions of statute and subordinate legislation.’
- ‘In reading the objectives, instructions and guidance the court is not construing a statute, or even subordinate legislation.’
- ‘Apart from influencing the construction of a statute or subordinate legislation, an international convention may play a part in the development by the courts of the common law.’
- ‘The application of that legislation or that subordinate legislation or instrument fastens upon certain features.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.