One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Law which is enacted under delegated powers, such as statutory instruments.
- ‘In choosing between these submissions we must first remind ourselves of the relevant provisions of statute and subordinate legislation.’
- ‘In India, at least till the market attains maturity, it is essential for compulsory/obligatory cessions to remain in the statute book (or alternatively in subordinate legislation like insurance regulations).’
- ‘Apart from influencing the construction of a statute or subordinate legislation, an international convention may play a part in the development by the courts of the common law.’
- ‘The application of that legislation or that subordinate legislation or instrument fastens upon certain features.’
- ‘In reading the objectives, instructions and guidance the court is not construing a statute, or even subordinate legislation.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.