One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Of less than the highest standard or quality.‘suboptimal working conditions’
- ‘The presence of endometriosis, tubal factor, or suboptimal sperm quality may halve the likelihood of spontaneous conception.’
- ‘Their disappointing results were largely due to suboptimal screening methods.’
- ‘The increasing scarcity of more desirable hardwoods led people to make use of structurally suboptimal building materials.’
- ‘Much of the time, management of patients who become critically ill before admission to an ICU may be suboptimal.’
- ‘In observational studies of handwashing, the frequency and quality of hand hygiene are consistently suboptimal.’
- ‘Restrictions on trade provide, at best, a suboptimal approach to wildlife conservation.’
- ‘Everyone knows cookies, candy, cakes, pies, ice cream and other sweets offer suboptimal nutrition.’
- ‘Currently, most bottled waters contain suboptimal levels of fluoride.’
- ‘I complained that conditions were suboptimal.’
- ‘The process of implementation has been suboptimal, leading to reports of low morale by the NHS staff responsible for implementation.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.