One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- another term for submandibular gland
- ‘The calcium concentration of the submaxillary glands of other mammals have not been compared using the same analytical procedures.’
- ‘Ablation of host submaxillary glands modifies Ehrlich tumor growth and tumor-infiltrating leukocytes, possibly by modifications in the serum level of growth factors produced by this gland.’
- ‘Parotids glands are located anteriorly to the submaxillary glands, having their posterior portion in close contact with the anterior part of the latter.’
- ‘These lesions are very common in the minor salivary glands (particularly in the labial glands), but are very infrequent in the major salivary glands - including the submaxillary glands.’
- ‘The parotid and submaxillary glands from a Wister rat, parotid gland and pancreas from a Japanese white rabbit, and a porcine pancreas were harvested.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.