Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- another term for submandibular gland
- ‘The calcium concentration of the submaxillary glands of other mammals have not been compared using the same analytical procedures.’
- ‘Parotids glands are located anteriorly to the submaxillary glands, having their posterior portion in close contact with the anterior part of the latter.’
- ‘These lesions are very common in the minor salivary glands (particularly in the labial glands), but are very infrequent in the major salivary glands - including the submaxillary glands.’
- ‘Ablation of host submaxillary glands modifies Ehrlich tumor growth and tumor-infiltrating leukocytes, possibly by modifications in the serum level of growth factors produced by this gland.’
- ‘The parotid and submaxillary glands from a Wister rat, parotid gland and pancreas from a Japanese white rabbit, and a porcine pancreas were harvested.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.