One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- another term for submandibular gland
- ‘The calcium concentration of the submaxillary glands of other mammals have not been compared using the same analytical procedures.’
- ‘These lesions are very common in the minor salivary glands (particularly in the labial glands), but are very infrequent in the major salivary glands - including the submaxillary glands.’
- ‘Parotids glands are located anteriorly to the submaxillary glands, having their posterior portion in close contact with the anterior part of the latter.’
- ‘The parotid and submaxillary glands from a Wister rat, parotid gland and pancreas from a Japanese white rabbit, and a porcine pancreas were harvested.’
- ‘Ablation of host submaxillary glands modifies Ehrlich tumor growth and tumor-infiltrating leukocytes, possibly by modifications in the serum level of growth factors produced by this gland.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.