One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Either of a pair of salivary glands situated below the parotid glands.Also called submaxillary gland
- ‘Neoplasms can occur in the parotid, sublingual or submandibular glands, or in the minor salivary glands.’
- ‘Swollen submandibular glands and parotid glands as well as esophagitis, esophageal spasm, and esophageal tearing and potentially fatal ruptures can occur from constant vomiting.’
- ‘This was centred in the left submandibular region anterior to the left submandibular gland.’
- ‘The submandibular glands produce a mixture of serous and mucous saliva.’
- ‘The hypertrophied submandibular gland, or a ptosis of the platysma muscle which hangs down, causes a bad result when using liposuction alone.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.