One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Either of a pair of salivary glands situated below the parotid glands.Also called submaxillary gland
- ‘The hypertrophied submandibular gland, or a ptosis of the platysma muscle which hangs down, causes a bad result when using liposuction alone.’
- ‘The submandibular glands produce a mixture of serous and mucous saliva.’
- ‘Neoplasms can occur in the parotid, sublingual or submandibular glands, or in the minor salivary glands.’
- ‘This was centred in the left submandibular region anterior to the left submandibular gland.’
- ‘Swollen submandibular glands and parotid glands as well as esophagitis, esophageal spasm, and esophageal tearing and potentially fatal ruptures can occur from constant vomiting.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.