One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘There have been many films made about Joan of Arc, but none of them match the sublimity of Carl Dreyer's ‘The Passion of Joan of Arc’, one of the high points of the silent cinema.’
- ‘Their subject is always the tragic fate of empire (and of all human endeavor) when pitted against the sublimity and grandeur of nature.’
- ‘The nobility, sublimity, depth, pathos and exuberance of his concerts remain esoteric and reveal his scholarship, authority and authenticity.’
- ‘The terrorist is noble, terrible, irresistibly fascinating, for he combines in himself the two sublimities of human grandeur: the martyr and the hero.’
- ‘Ancient Egyptians knew the sublimity of exterior space (think of the pyramids under moonlight), but interior space for them was darkness and clutter.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.