One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A specialized language or jargon associated with a specific group or context.
- ‘One of these sublanguages has recently originated at the boundary between Russian and English speaking cultures.’
- ‘It's important to mention that sublanguages and controlled languages are not mutually exclusive.’
- ‘In some areas, there were sublanguages for use in the presence of certain relatives, for communicating with children, or for ceremonial occasions.’
- ‘Although he didn't put it this way, the distributions in sublanguages are very sharp, light-tailed.’
- ‘It's a sublanguage under ‘Sepik’ and is spoken on Papua New Guinea, apparently by a race of mathematical savants.’
- ‘On the contrary, the urge to catalog and describe sublanguages accurately implies a certain amount of respect.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.