[mass noun] The doctrine that knowledge is merely subjective and that there is no external or objective truth.
- ‘Such preaching collides with the spirit of our times, captured as it is by subjectivism and relativism.’
- ‘This New Age subjectivism and relativism encourage people to believe that reality is whatever you want it to be.’
- ‘For example, moral subjectivism is that species of moral relativism that relativizes moral value to the individual subject.’
- ‘It seems that this absolutization leads to subjectivism.’
- ‘The breakthrough toward subjectivism is indeed compelling but rationalism was not finished yet for all that.’