One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A catalogue, especially in a library, that is arranged according to the subjects treated.
- ‘In the subject catalogue the exhibitions held in a gallery are arranged in date order.’
- ‘The Card Catalogue for Subject Headings, also called the ‘yellow’ subject catalogue, corresponds with the ‘red’ catalogue and refers to the books published between 1931 and 1988.’
- ‘In addition to its seasonal catalogues, the University Press produces several annual subject catalogues available below in PDF format.’
- ‘To ensure that you are sent subject catalogues relevant to your teaching areas whenever they are available please join our Mailing List.’
- ‘The other way to find information on the web is by the use of subject catalogues or directories.’
- ‘If you need help searching the subject catalogue, do not hesitate to ask a reference librarian.’
- ‘The subject catalogue prior to 1998 contains the digitalized card catalogue and the online catalogue from 1991 to 1998.’
- ‘Then turn to the subject catalogue to find the entries under the class marked obtained from the subject index.’
- ‘The website features comprehensive subject catalogues of English, Hindi, Sanskrit and Tibetan books, search and shopping facilities.’
- ‘WWW Virtual Library is the master index to specialised subject catalogues which are maintained at many sites across the Internet.’
- ‘Many libraries today have their own subject catalogues which are called virtual libraries.’
- ‘Refer to the subject catalogues for further information.’
- ‘An electronic input system was developed in close co-operation with the subject catalogue in Rome.’
- ‘Please click on the e-mail below to request subject catalogues in your field of interest.’
- ‘Today classed subject catalogues exist mainly in the multilingual libraries of Europe.’
- ‘In case of overdue, these will be no guarantee for your exhibits to be included in our subject catalogues for collecting orders and the retaining procedure.’
- ‘The subject catalogue contains bibliographic records for books, periodicals, serials, standards and technical documents, author's abstracts of dissertations, microfilms, together with reference references system.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.