One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A subordinate or secondary form.
- ‘Early markers of acute ischemia include myoglobin and creatine kinase-MB subforms, when available.’
- ‘Based on such ‘characters’, an impressive number of varieties, forms and subforms have been described.’
- ‘CK-MB subforms may be most efficient for early diagnosis (within six hours) of myocardial infarction.’
- ‘These studies, by and large, do not enroll patients with the subforms of depression that respond more favorably to antidepressants and are plagued by ‘inflation’ of entry symptom severity thresholds.’
- ‘Serum markers such as aspartate transaminase, lactate dehydrogenase, and lactate dehydrogenase subforms no longer are used because they lack cardiac specificity and their delayed elevation precludes early diagnosis.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.