One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The roles in defence include oxidation of hydroxy-cinnamyl alcohols into free radical intermediates, phenol oxidation, cross-linking of polysaccharides and of extensin monomers, lignification and suberization.’
- ‘Lignification and suberization was believed to play a role in the defensive responses to the entry of pathogenic microorganisms through a wounded part by developing physical barriers.’
- ‘These changes have been mostly investigated over a long-term period and are clearly associated with profound anatomical adaptations including the suberization and lignification of cell walls.’
- ‘Increased rates of suberization and lignification in the exodermis may lead to a greater resistance to the entry of materials into the root apoplast.’
- ‘It has been shown that salinity promotes suberization of the hypodermis and endodermis and that the Casparian strip is developed closer to the root tip than in non saline roots.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.