One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The sideways and downward movement of the edge of a plate of the earth's crust into the mantle beneath another plate.as modifier ‘subduction zone’
- ‘These rocks are interpreted as a forearc succession that developed in association with north-directed subduction beneath the Lhasa terrane.’
- ‘Nevertheless, subduction of Africa beneath Iberia starting in the Late Eocene has been proposed.’
- ‘The Spontang ophiolitc, for example, is associated with partial subduction of buoyant continental crust.’
- ‘There are two possible tectonic settings for the deep subduction of Indian Plate continental crust in the early Tertiary.’
- ‘These extensional faults were reactivated as reverse faults during Neogene compression associated with subduction beneath the North Island.’
1970s: via French from Latin subductio(n-), from subduct- ‘drawn from below’, from the verb subducere.
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.