One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1A subdivision of a domain.‘artificial intelligence is a hazily defined field with two related subdomains’
- ‘In 67 (19%) cases, these estimates were selected from two or more reported results within a single subdomain based on rules delineated in the methods section.’
- ‘This would produce an amino-terminal truncated protein, lacking an essential subdomain required for protein kinase activity.’
- ‘It can often be difficult or impossible to determine the amount of computation required by a subdomain of a problem.’
- ‘Intimate partner violence is an important subdomain of such behavior.’
- ‘A strong correlation was found in previous work between the stability of the intact protein and the affinity between its two subdomains.’
- 1.1Computing An Internet domain which is part of a primary domain.‘within the .us domain, there are subdomains for the fifty states’‘mail.google.com is a subdomain of google.com’
- ‘Subdomains are a vital part of the Internet but require some technical know-how to implement them on your server.’
- ‘And what of all the hundreds of ISPs that offer as a service the inclusion of a subdomain on your acquired domain?’
- ‘The dot-kids-dot-us is sort of a subdomain of dot-us.’
- ‘Or, if you don't want to pay to register a domain, and you have a friend who's into DNS, you could ask for a subdomain of one of his or her domains.’
- ‘If you operate a web site and wish to link to this site, you may link only to the home page of the site and not to any other page or subdomain of us.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.