One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Situated or applied under the skin.‘subcutaneous fat’
- ‘The superficial veins conduct blood from the skin and subcutaneous tissue.’
- ‘The septum of these catheters is sutured under the skin in the subcutaneous tissue.’
- ‘Any organ can be involved, but most frequently hemangiomas are localized to the skin and subcutaneous tissues.’
- ‘Each strand of hair grows from a follicle rooted in your skin's subcutaneous tissue.’
- ‘However, it can occur in the skin or subcutaneous tissue anywhere on the body and may present as single or multiple lesions.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.