One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Beneath a rib; below the ribs.
- ‘A tender, fluctuant 8-cm mass was felt in the right upper quadrant, several centimeters inferior to a subcostal scar from a previous open cholecystectomy.’
- ‘Nine months after the initial diagnosis, the patient had a second exploratory laparotomy via a bilateral subcostal incision.’
- ‘The parietal branches include the posterior intercostal, subcostal, and the superior phrenic.’
- ‘Then a left subcostal incision was performed, and the hemidiaphragm was exposed.’
- ‘A light blow delivered to the right subcostal area may elicit a marked increase in pain.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.