One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A firm or person that carries out work for a company as part of a larger project.
- ‘The use of subcontractors is a common business practice among forestry and logging companies.’
- ‘Some subcontractors continued working when rumours of Lark's financial difficulties were circulating.’
- ‘The report also claims that Able UK, which was formerly the subcontractor for the holding company, has bought up PRP.’
- ‘These services are contracted with us directly or through qualified subcontractors.’
- ‘Although it was subcontractors who carried out the roadworks it is the utility company as the licence holder who is liable.’
- ‘Rising labour and building costs and the rise of subcontractors' fees were blamed for the collapse of the company.’
- ‘Building monopolies by subcontractors from the outside must be eliminated one way or the other.’
- ‘Around 1,300 builders and subcontractors should be employed if the project goes ahead.’
- ‘Most of the production is subcontracted to 11 main contractors and dozens of subcontractors in Indonesia.’
- ‘Make sure the subcontractors you hire show proof of liability and workers' compensation insurance.’
- ‘The official was attempting to speak to six subcontractors working on the project.’
- ‘I wouldn't have kicked Walt off the job, but I would have had to think seriously about hiring a union subcontractor the next time.’
- ‘Grinaker Namibia is the main contractor and most of the subcontractors are local companies, according to Wessels.’
- ‘They maintain that the dumping at Coolnamadra was carried out by a subcontractor who was sacked when the dump was discovered.’
- ‘According to Lloyd, this relationship began when he was a subcontractor offered a general contract for the first time.’
- ‘Three or four references from vendors or subcontractors go a long way.’
- ‘The defendant builders employed a subcontractor to carry out plastering work in a block of flats.’
- ‘Additionally, some of the Cotton Park goods are outsourced to three local subcontractors.’
- ‘They wanted to pressure me into kicking Walt and his crew off the job and hiring a union subcontractor instead.’
- ‘The company employs 35 people on the Ballysimon Road in Limerick and several hundred more subcontractors.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.