One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to or denoting a disease which is not severe enough to present definite or readily observable symptoms.
- ‘Improvement was defined as partial or complete resolution of clinical or subclinical symptoms of hepatic encephalopathy.’
- ‘Some venous thromboembolisms may be subclinical, whereas others present as sudden pulmonary embolus or symptomatic deep vein thrombosis.’
- ‘Overweight women with polycystic ovary syndrome have evidence of subclinical cardiovascular disease.’
- ‘Most of the infected persons remain asymptomatic or suffer from subclinical infection3.’
- ‘We cannot exclude the possibility that some children in our study had subclinical gastrointestinal symptoms before their presentation with autistic behaviour.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.