One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to or denoting a disease which is not severe enough to present definite or readily observable symptoms.
- ‘Improvement was defined as partial or complete resolution of clinical or subclinical symptoms of hepatic encephalopathy.’
- ‘We cannot exclude the possibility that some children in our study had subclinical gastrointestinal symptoms before their presentation with autistic behaviour.’
- ‘Overweight women with polycystic ovary syndrome have evidence of subclinical cardiovascular disease.’
- ‘Some venous thromboembolisms may be subclinical, whereas others present as sudden pulmonary embolus or symptomatic deep vein thrombosis.’
- ‘Most of the infected persons remain asymptomatic or suffer from subclinical infection3.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.