One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Denoting or occurring in the fluid-filled space around the brain between the arachnoid membrane and the pia mater, through which major blood vessels pass.
- ‘Injection of local anesthetic into the epidural or subarachnoid space during brachial plexus block can result in a total spinal or spinal cord injury.’
- ‘Major findings include subdural and subarachnoid hemorrhages and diffuse axonal injury in the brain and retinal hemorrhages in the eyes.’
- ‘I have been through a serious medical ordeal, involving a subarachnoid aneurysm (blood vessel in my brain leaking) and subsequent brain surgery.’
- ‘Intracranial and subarachnoid hemorrhages may evolve into intraventricular hemorrhage and hydrocephalus.’
- ‘Local extension, rapid growth, invasion of adjacent structures, and CNS spread via the ventricular system or subarachnoid space are often suggestive of, but not always diagnostic of, malignancy.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.