Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
(of a condition) between acute and chronic.
- ‘Delirium can be caused by a medical emergency or a subacute, chronic medical condition.’
- ‘Its clinical presentations have classically been defined as acute, subacute, and chronic.’
- ‘A bone abscess found during the subacute or chronic stage of hematogenous osteomyelitis is known as a Brodie's abscess.’
- ‘Historically, osteomyelitis has been categorized as acute, subacute or chronic, with the presentation of each type based on the time of disease onset.’
- ‘There are three different clinical presentations that have been described: acute, subacute, and chronic.’
2Moderately acute in shape or angle.
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.