One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A man in charge of a sub-post office.
- ‘The announcement of the closure, planned for June, came last week and is by the mutual agreement of the post office and sub-postmaster.’
- ‘Post bosses says they have agreed with the sub-postmaster at the Burnden Post Office in Manchester Road, Bolton, that it will shut its doors for the last time in July.’
- ‘He has already written to the sub-postmaster voicing his concern.’
- ‘The Post Office maintains that sub-postmasters are agents - but going ahead with the appeal would have cost the Post Office more money.’
- ‘The pub's fate is a major talking point in the village, according to the local sub-postmaster.’
- ‘The Government may be filling the Post Office's financial black hole but is not directly supporting the threatened businesses of sub-postmasters.’
- ‘The search is on to find a new sub-postmaster and Post Office to serve Merstham, after the branch on the High Street was unexpectedly closed.’
- ‘Although he is a sub-postmaster of his local post office in New Road, it's DJing that he loves.’
- ‘We want to reassure all our loyal customers we will continue to search for a new sub-postmaster to take over the provision of Post Office services in the area.’
- ‘A village sub-postmaster is hoping to enjoy the sweet taste of success by branching out with a new venture designed to drum up extra trade.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.